How We Keep Our Community Commitment:
Our staff generously volunteer their time year-round for numerous organizations and events throughout the communities that we serve. We take great pride in knowing that our employees enjoy giving back and putting others before themselves; it is truly humbling.
How our employees shine a light:
We support our local fairgrounds.
We volunteer at community road races.
We teach students about financial literacy.
We read to kids in classrooms of local schools.
We raise awareness for topics that resonate with our employees.
We pick up litter to keep our communities clean.
We enrich the lives of high school students.
We raise money for local animal shelters.
We adopt families during the holidays.
We support our local sport teams.
Commitment To Causes:
Throughout the year our branches support causes which benefit charitable organizations in the communities we serve.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine: Employees participate in Bowl for Kids' Sake by forming teams and raising money to support the organization in matching volunteers with kids who would benefit from a Big Brother or Big Sister.
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Each branch raises funds that directly benefit the communities we serve. Employees also form a walking team and participate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.
- Casual for a Cause: Every Friday our employees contribute to our dress down fund by paying to wear jeans. In December each branch presents a check to a cause or organization in their community.
- Coats for Kids: Boxes are placed in each branch to collect gently-used or new coats and other items which are donated to children of all ages to keep them warm during the cold winter months.
- Domestic Violence Awareness: Each branch raises funds to benefit New Hope for Women, a local charitable organization that takes action to reduce domestic violence against women and children.
- Bell Ringing: During the holiday season employees serve as bell ringers with big smiles on their faces raising funds for the Lincoln County Food Hunger Collection.
- Collect a Can: We collect canned goods and other nonperishable items for local food pantries.
- Toys for Tots: During the holiday season, boxes are placed in each branch to collect new and unwrapped toys for kids in need throughout Maine.
- United Way of Mid Coast Maine: Employees pledge donations through payroll-giving to support local United Way initiatives. Several employees also volunteer their time in various ways that support the United Way.
- Elder Financial Abuse Awareness: Funds are raised in each branch to support Spectrum Generations, an organization that connects seniors with services that benefit their needs.